Advanced Safety Protocol – Beachwood, OH
to Your Safety
At Faist & Koops Family Dentistry we are very concerned about protecting your health, so we have developed consistent protocols and have invested in additional protective equipment. We are doing everything we can to make sure that you have a safe and comfortable environment to come to for your dental care, as well as doing our part to prevent the spread of the virus in the community.
In order to accomplish these goals, we are implementing the following protocols which will help prevent infected people (both patients and team members) from entering the dental office as well as protect everyone who does enter the dental office from pathogens that may unknowingly be spread by asymptomatic carriers.
Prior to arrival
- Digitally sign our COVID-19 dental treatment consent form: Please click here
- Please wear a mask
- Please call or text when you arrive in the parking lot and wait there. We will text you when it is time to come into the dental office.
- No one will wait in the reception area
Anyone who answers yes to any of these questions will be asked to postpone their appointment. You will be asked whether you:
- Traveled to anywhere outside the state of Ohio in the last 14 days
- Had contact with anyone with confirmed COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Had any of these symptoms in the last 14 days: fever greater than 100.4, difficulty breathing, cough
Arriving at the Reception area
- We ask that if possible, you should come to your appointment alone, except in the case of minors or those who absolutely need assistance
- We will provide you with hand sanitizer which must be applied
- The reception area will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, or beverages since those items could spread disease
- You will be given a screening questionnaire if you didn’t already complete it digitally (see above for link)
- Your temperature will be taken and recorded in your chart
- You will be escorted straight to the dental chair
- You will be asked to swish with diluted Hydrogen Peroxide for 1 minute which reduces the viral load in the mouth
- We will employ localized air filtration at the source of aerosols
- We use high volume suction in conjunction with all aerosol-producing procedures
- We have invested in four top-of-the-line Sentry Air units with ULPA Filters, greatly reducing the number of aerosols remaining in the air
- Scheduling - more time will be given for each procedure so that fewer patients are in the dental office at any given time and there is sufficient time to sanitize the environment
- When you leave we will coordinate it so you will not have to come within 6 feet of any other patient in our dental office
- Team members will wipe down all exposed surfaces with disinfecting wipes before each patient enters
- Are positioned throughout the dental office to purify the air
- Are continuously running throughout the day
- Runs each evening
- Disinfects all surfaces and air
Thank you for being part of our dental family! We are honored to be able to help each of you achieve optimum oral health.
Advanced Dental Technology View Our Services
Advanced Staff Training
Each member of our team has completed additional awareness and prevention programs to enhance their knowledge and preparedness.
Daily Health Checks of Our Team
No contact temperature checks and a quick set of questions will ensure our team is ready, willing and able to provide safe dental care – every day.
No Handshakes or Hugs
We truly do love our patients. However, we will save our hearty welcomes and goodbyes for a later date when things are "back to normal".
No Dental Office Tours
We enjoy starting every new patient visit by showing off our amazing dental office. These tours will have to wait for your next visit.
Change Work Clothes at Work
In the past, you might have seen us at the grocery store in our stylish scrubs. No longer. Now, we change into and out of our newly-cleaned scrubs at the dental office, every day.
In addition to brushing and flossing before your visit, we will provide an Oracare solution to rinse in your mouth for 60 seconds and reduce bacteria.
Virtual Waiting Room
Now, you can check-in from your car. As a result, you are able to minimize contact with others, bypass the reception area, and go directly to your treatment room.
No Patient Gloves Allowed
Minimizing cross-contamination is an important part of our plan. We will ask you to dispose of any outside gloves before you enter.
Sequenced Patient Scheduling
Plain and simple, we are not seeing as many patients. We are allocating more time between visits for coming, going and cleaning.
Pre-Screening of Every Patient
A quick health questionnaire and consent form along with a no-touch temperature check will be completed when you arrive at our dental office.
Expanded Patient Appointments
In an effort to save you time and multiple exposures, we are offering extended appointments. This allows us to do more dentistry in a single visit.
Family Friendly Scheduling
We are now able to see up to 6 family members during the same visit. It is almost like your own, private dental experience.
At-Risk Patient Hours
Relax. We have hours dedicated exclusively to our mature and medically-concerned patients. Let us add peace-of-mind to your next visit.
Hospital-Grade Hand Sanitizing Station
Every patient will be asked to thoroughly disinfect their hands before entering the clinical area of our dental office.
Social Distancing in Place
Fewer chairs in our reception area, helpful signs and one-way traffic in our treatment area make 6’ spacing a practical reality.
Cleaning After Every Appointment
We are super clean as we thoroughly wipe, sanitize, and disinfect all instruments, equipment and surfaces in each operatory after every patient.
Deep Cleaning Every Evening
Along with cleaning and sanitizing during the day, we take things to another level at night with a thorough top-to-bottom scrub down.
CDC-Approved Instrument Sterilization
This is standard procedure at all times, and nothing has changed. Anything that goes near your mouth is heat and pressure cleaned between every use.
Front Desk Masks
Even our friendly administrative team will be wearing ASTM Level 3 masks. Don’t worry. They are smiling behind those masks!
Our clinical team will also protect you and themselves through the use of FDA Approved PET face shields.
Disposable, Protective Coats & Hats
When appropriate, our team will utilize another layer of protection to minimize the spread or absorption of airborne particles.
Advanced Chairside Suction
Whenever possible, we will activate high speed evacuation to minimize aerosol contamination and improve air quality.
Negative Pressure Rooms
Normally found in high-tech laboratories and medical centers, these rooms provide the highest levels of self-containment and climate control.
HEPA Air Filtration
Our air has never been cleaner. We have added HEPA-grade filters to our HVAC system along with stand-alone air cleaners in each operatory.
No Magazines or Activities
This may make our reception area a little less exciting, but it makes it much safer as well.
Installed Clear Barriers
Hard plastic guards have been placed strategically throughout the dental office – and are cleaned regularly – to help block the movement of airborne particles.